There is more to cooking pasta than just dumping spaghetti into hot water.
Our Italian Mamma will teach you how to prepare perfect “al dente” spaghetti!
- First of all, use a large pot with plenty of water to avoid the water temperature dropping when you add your pasta.
- Bring water to a boil and only then add salt. Salt will give your pasta more taste and prevent it from becoming slimy.
- Don’t add oil as it will make your spaghetti too slippery for any sauce to stick.
- Add the spaghetti and quickly cover them in water. Start stirring immediately to avoid them sticking together.
- To keep your pasta “al dente” and tasty, don’t rinse it under running water after draining.
and as Mamma says:
“La pasta è pronta!”